Department of Food Technology
To be internationally recognized as a Centre for training people for the agro business and Hospitality and Tourism industries for effective job performance.
The principal objective of the Department is to train high caliber practically oriented middle and high level manpower for the food processing and Hospitality and Tourism industries in operational, management and decision–making to:
- Process and preserve food to combat post-harvest losses
- Manage and supervise all establishments within the Food and Beverage sectors,
- Help manage and supervise activities in the Hotel industry,
- Develop both traditional and continental cuisine,
- Innovate products from local commodities for project work admissible to the Food and Beverage Sector, and
- Acquire entrepreneurial skills to establish businesses.